I have been a professional wildlife photographer since 2003 and have been fortuate to have photographed many species from my back garden to across the globe. I currently run the Suffolk Wildlife Trust's varied array of photography workshops and my own workshop days. I've previously run photographic days for the RSPB and Natural England.
I'm represented by several picture agencies including the RSPB images agency. See my ongoing submissions here :
My images have sold around the world and are regularly featured in the RSPB Nature's Home magazine and have also been published in BBC Countryfile, BBC Wildlife and Outdoor Photography magazines plus The Times, Sunday Mail and Guardian newspapers and international calendars over the years. One of my images of an Elephant hawkmoth has been used on a stamp for the Irish government. I have also been commissioned by the BBC Wildlife and Countryfile magazines.
Photographic competition success has come in the way of:
- 2022 - British Photography Awards - Finalist - Documentary category - 'In safe hands' hedgehog image
- 2022 - International Garden Photographer of the Year - 2nd Place - National Trust Riverlands category - Otter
- 2021 - Buglife Bug Photographer of the Year - 3rd Place - Flies, Bees, Ants and Wasps category - Bee wolf
- 2021 - WildArt Photographer of the Year - Highly Commended - Colour category - Roe deer feeding on a poppy
- 2021 - WildArt Photographer of the Year - Commended - Space category - Leaping hare at sunset
- 2020 - Bird Photographer of the Year – Commended image – Turnstone at sunrise
- 2019 - The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards - Finalist top 40 images & featuring in awards book - Damselfly waving
- 2018 - Bird Photographer of the Year – Bronze award in the Garden and urban category – Silver gull in Sydney – plus commended image Ringed plover and chick.
- 2017 - British Photography Awards – Category win – Land Animals category – Roe deer feeding on a poppy
- 2017 - Bird Photographer of the Year – 2 commended images in awards portfolio book – Knot in a sandstorm and Sanderling being watched by seals
- 2016 - British Wildlife Photography Awards – Highly Commended – Wild Woods category – Pheasant in foxgloves
- 2016 - Bird Photographer of the Year – 2 commended images in awards portfolio book – Crested tit and great tit images
- 2015 - British Wildlife Photography Awards – Category Win – British Seasons category – Roe deer through the seasons
- 2015 - British Wildlife Photography Awards – Highly Commended – Hidden Britain category – Grasshopper
- 2015 - British Wildlife Photography Awards – Image in awards portfolio book – Otter
- 2015 - Outdoor Photographer of the Year – 2 images in awards portfolio book – Leaping hare & Rabbit eating a thistle
- 2014 - British Wildlife Photography Awards- Highly commended – Wild Woods category – Red deer at dawn
As well as these awards my images have been shortlised and made the final judging stages in many of the above competitions plus other prestigious competitions such as the NHM Widlife Photographer of the Year, GDT European Wildlife Photographer of the Year and Siena International Photo Awards.
I have been on the judging panel for the Suffolk Wildlife Trust’s annual photographic competition in 2010, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 ,2019, 2020 & 2022 and been interviewed on BBC Radio Suffolk and BBC Radio Norfolk. My images have also appeared on Sky News and BBC Look East